Have a Poem or Story to Submit?

Our wonderful selection of poetry and stories about pigs are contributed by readers like you. Have a story? Have some piggy poetry? Want to contribute? Just e-mail us a "link" and we will add your story.

Friday, August 13, 1999

Poem: My Best Friend

I have a very special friend,
And I'm her best friend too
We have a unique relationship
Respect each other too.

My friend and I don't always agree,
We sometimes see things differently;
But when all is said and done,
Our hearts do blend becoming one.

My best friend has no hands or feet,
She with words, does not speak;
Neither does she have a nose or toes,
And a tail from her backside grows.

She has four hooves to get around,
And makes different grunting sounds;
We love each other unconditionally,
My pig and I, best friends are we.

An Inspirational by Sharon Jean Updike (August 1, 1999)
All rights reserved, copyright H.I.S. Creations