Have a Poem or Story to Submit?

Our wonderful selection of poetry and stories about pigs are contributed by readers like you. Have a story? Have some piggy poetry? Want to contribute? Just e-mail us a "link" and we will add your story.

Monday, July 19, 1999

Poem: My Swimming Pool

I hate it when I'm stuck inside,
And can't go out to graze;
After all I am a pig,
Who loves warm, sunny days.

I love sitting in y swimming pool,
And dunking for yummy grapes,
Rubbing my butt back and forth;
It feels really great,

I live to lay upon my side,
Splashing like a fish;
And slap my tail against the sides,
With a vigorous swish, swish!

When I get out I like to go,
And roll around in the dirt;
It feels real good on my wet skin,
And it doesn't even hurt.

When the mud hangs from my snout,
Now that's the way to live;
What more do you expect from me,
It's so great to be a pig!

A Hannah Hamm original by Sharon Jean Updike
All rights reserved, copyright H.I.S. Creations