Have a Poem or Story to Submit?

Our wonderful selection of poetry and stories about pigs are contributed by readers like you. Have a story? Have some piggy poetry? Want to contribute? Just e-mail us a "link" and we will add your story.

Friday, July 23, 1999

Poem: My Apple Tree


There is a place I like to go
Under my apple tree
It is a very special spot
And it's in the yard for me

I have to go and sniff and snout
Under it's branches low
It gives the greatest shade of all
When there is no more snow

This very favorite place of mine
Give joy to me each day
It is a place where food falls down
And I can rest and play


Yummy apples grow on boughs
Bent heavy with this fruit
And I like to reach and pull one down
Or hit one with my soot

I never have to worry
Cause I know it's okay
I always check my favorite place
At the start of each new day

And when the sun is setting
I check under my tree
I just might find an apple
Waiting there for me

A Hannah Hamm original by Sharon Jean Updike (July 22, 1999)
All rights reserved, copyright H.I.S. Creations